What is the parent drop-off and pick-up procedure?
- Drop off and Pick up will be at 3 locations (1) Long Family Memorial Park (Next to Central High School) in Grand Junction (2) Peach Bowl Park in Palisade (5th & Elberta), and (3) Plateau Valley School (off of CO-330). Parents may drop their child off as early as 6:30 am and pick their child up as late as 6:00pm. Camp 7 staffing will be provided during these times.
How long are the sessions?
- Sessions are 2 weeks in length, you may sign up for a single session, several sessions or all 5 summer sessions.
What ages can participate in camp?
- Children ages 7-14
- Children ages 13-14 will be part of the junior counselors
What do you do on extremely hot days? What if it rains?
- We have several indoor facilities at our disposal, classrooms, multipurpose rooms, and a gymnasium. We center many of our water activities in and around our camp pond and our grass field. With a continuous water supply running year-round at camp, the water events and activities are endless. Fresh water is always available for drinking and cooling in our restroom facilities.
Do you provide lunch or meals?
- We ask that each camper bring a sacked lunch each day of camp. We provide a daily cold drink and afternoon snack to all campers.
What if I need to get in touch with my camper during the day?
- Parents may call the camp office anytime during the camp day at 970-628-5331, if not available, please leave a message and our staff will return your call promptly.
When can I visit my campers at camp?
- All families are invited to our Family Evening Program on Thursday evening of the second week of each session to meet staff, explore camp and enjoy evening activities. For safety and security reasons we do not offer open visitation.
What does my camper need to wear each day?
- Campers should wear appropriate "run around" attire each day. Shorts, T-shirts and tennis shoes are recommended. Sandals and or flip-flops are not recommended! Please apply sunscreen to your camper before camp each day!
How do I inform you that someone else is picking up my child?
- Contact us at 970-628-5331 to inform us of changes or you may provide a written release with you child the day of pickup. Unless written or verbal arrangements have been made in advance, the child will remain with Camp7 staff until further appropriate actions are taken. (See registration form for adult sign out procedures)
What is the staff to camper ration?
- You can expect an 8 to 1 ratio for campers 8 years old and younger. For campers 9 years old and older, the ratio is 10 to 1.
What do I need to send to camp with my child besides a lunch?
- We recommend a small backpack with a water bottle, swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and a daily packed lunch. Please clearly label your child's belongings with his/her name to prevent loss.
How long is the camp day? Do you offer extended care?
- Camp runs from 9am to 4pm at the Camp7 location in Collbran. We do offer extended care at an offsite location from 6:30 a.m. until the start of camp and after camp until 6:00 p.m.
Is there medical care at the camp?
- No. However, Camp7 is only 10 minutes away from the Plateau Valley Medical Clinic. All of our staff are first aid and CPR certified. Group Counselors will also be certified to distribute medication with a doctor's written order.
What equipment does the camp provide?
- We provide all the necessary equipment to make your campers experience positive. If a special event requires additional equipment or supplies, you will be contacted in advance.
What do I bring to Camp 7?
- Sacked lunch and snacks for each day of camp. Afternoon snack is provided by Camp 7.
- Water bottle
- Swim suit and towel
- Sturdy shoes (no sandals)
- Small day pack
- Attitude of greatness!!
- Please mark all personal belongings
What should I leave at home?
- Portable music players (iPods, stereos, mp3 players)
- Cell phones (we have a landline in case of an emergency)
- Portable gaming systems
- Books and magazines
- Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives)
THE HIGHEST CAMP BEFORE THE SUMMIT
A Summer Day Camp - Collbran, CO